7.02.2009

chrome ball incident #304: afghanistan bananastand










"When I was on teams when I was a lot younger, I was always stoked on the team aspect, you know, like a good group of friends. And that was more important than necessarily how good a guy was or if they won contests or anything. It was just like you had to get the right crew together...

You don't treat skaters like meat. They're not pro athletes, they're friends." -Julien Stranger

I'd say about 90% of my entire junior high wardrobe had that little airplane on it. One of the best teams ever, the o.g. Santa Monica Airlines crew.

A little Studio 43 action in there as well, if I'm not mistaken.
(the jury's still out)

Big up to DLX and Designarium.

3 comments:

Larry said...

...sometimes when you bite into your cereal and a stuntwood comes into your mouth, there is only one thing to do...

Sick Boyz is my fav.

smorales said...

I need to own those videos. History is expensive.

Keith said...

SMA was the shit when I first started skating... all those Natas cat boards, the Thiebaud comic board. Every kid loved SMA. After Natas left, it was totally different.