5.04.2008

chrome ball incident #17: freak scene

honestly, i probably would not normally have mike v on here but this classic ad represents the reason why this dude's crazy mongrel ass still gets props to this day.

Granted, holmes was easily one of my favorites in his powell/world days (speed freaks part > rubbish heap part). I mean, after all, dude is an East Coast legend. And to tell the truth, I was still down during his underrated artsy ed templeton deal/tv/television phase (is he still vegetarian?). but let's be honest here, dude probably should've called it a day about a decade ago. I mean I don't even think he's learned a new trick since '94. And I appreciate his whole "no labels" approach and all that... but come on.

nowadays he's just rolls around in his trans-am, ripping some handplants and getting into brawls (of both the streetfight and pro-wrestling varities). needless to say, its all a little much for old dudes like myself.

but the other day i saw something that almost makes up for last questionable 10 years of his skateboard career. at first it looked like some kind of gnarly jock, extreme skate or die bullshit, but then it turned out to be something kinda funny.

yeah, that's the king of queens dude. never really watched that show. always thought my name is earl was funnier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

vallely is a kook

Anonymous said...

now that is funny. but yeah, vallely sucks.

Keith said...

"but for real, dude probably should've called it a day about a decade ago. I mean I don't even think he's learned a new trick since '94."

LOL

So true. After he left World, he should have just stopped skating. He'd be a legend right now.

Anonymous said...

i have to disagree. he may not have new tricks compared to back in the day, but he still influences and impacts people all around. That to me is a real skater not someone who blends in, but has new tricks.