2.10.2013

chrome ball incident #865: keep it rollin'


















"We are street urchins inhabiting parking lots and city streets, mingling with other street creatures and skating until never."

Figured some Cards would be perfect for a Monday morning. This is the 13th post featuring John on CBI which gives him the most by a pretty wide margin. Dude is inspiring on so many levels.

And that last K on the fence is aces.

In other news, Static 4's got me hyped! By the time it comes out in 2018, shit's gonna be bananas!

And while I've been riding silver trucks since 1991, Ishod's Tribe-centric Thunders are too sick not to mention.

Five-O Threads is at it again. Killing it with these new GZA Gino joints. Incredible. 

Finally, I was hoping you could help me out. I keep finding these pics posted online of old Gonz graphics but with a cat seemingly named Orange in them... what's the story there? Anybody know?

12 comments:

Dustin Umberger said...

Orange the cat? Is it the cat from the comic strip Bloom County?

Dtj16 said...

The orange cat pictures are paintings from Tim Olson = Tim Olson (of roger/beez fame)

http://tmthyolson.tumblr.com/

Anonymous said...

man today is my birthday and i couldn't have asked for a better gift than opening my internet and being greeted by these pictures. You just made my day.

Anonymous said...

It's Cardiel week up on the vans site, too! Great timing, chops!

clew said...

That hip ollie looks almost identical to this Grant Taylor ollie Nike posted this week...pretty rad
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.86.843.403/p843x403/538188_415564615195820_2100529556_n.jpg

Anonymous said...

had no idea he rode ventures for a minute...

Anonymous said...

that crook on the fence is incredible

jeff thorburn said...

All of these sequences are ripping! That first Pivot! Styling! That that Crooked Grind, aces high.

Unknown said...

back when i was a little skate rat, im talking like 10-11 years old, I didnt know shit about who was who or what a "Pro" even was, but I had this pic on my wall of Cardiel doing an ollie over a hip cuz It was just the gnarliest, most tweaked out thing i'd ever seen. Then when I had an art project for school I went through all my mags and picked the best looking photo i could find to draw: Cardiel doing a back tail. I didnt even know who the fuck he was, but to this day he looks better on a skateboard than literally ANYONE

Keith said...

I've never seen that interview. Thanks!

Really like that fakie melon over the hip.

When I saw "I've been riding silver trucks since 1991", first thing that popped in my mind was "Eric's ridden Silver Trucks since 91???? How weird" lol

Bansaipipeline said...

Anyone got that old Spitfire ad from a Thrasher in 92? Cardiel doing a wallride up a glass panel of an office building? May have been Wade Speyer... Pretty sure it was Cards. Tell-tale arm tweak.

chops said...

THanks Dtj16

And Bansai, that ad is on a previous Cardiel post here. Hit the "Cardiel" tag and go back through the posts. It's there, I assure you.